Thursday 31 May 2012

Daniel Suelo on 'damned if I do and damned if I don't'


"A seed falls to the ground and dies, hiding in the soil. It grows up into a plant that flowers in fluorescent color, attracting bees and hummingbirds and humans. Condemn it for hiding. Then condemn it for blooming. Condemn it for wilting. Then it might produce fruit. What condemnation then? Are we resentful because the plant knows only to follow its own nature, both hiding and blooming in glory and bearing more seeds? I don't know how any of it works, it just does, and it's beautiful and I'll enjoy it, whether or not people like to crush plants under their feet."




2 comments:

Liza said...

As long as she doesn't have any serious health issues it should work but sooner or later there will be a need for her to get a more permanent place to live. An interesting life style for sure.

JayAshKal said...

It is indeed Liza... I wished I have the same commitment & courage to live a less material/moneyless life. Thank you for the comment & for visiting!