Monday 19 November 2007

On the Way to the Seascapes

Sydney Harbour Bridge

Being a Sydneysider for the last three decades, one tend to take for granted things in Sydney and surrounding areas. One of them is the decade long annual Sculpture by the Sea exhibition at Bondi beach. When I heard that it is going to be the last one due to funding problems, I said to myself I need to see at least one of these exhibits.

So at the very last day, which was yesterday; drove to Bondi beach and being summer and all, got stuck together with a throng of people. But it was well worth it! How can the combination of beach and sculpture go wrong?




While most of these sculptures caught my attention (those that didn't, I didn't bother to take pictures), the natural sandstone sculptures are as spectacular as well. Below are some noteworthy ones, and they are always on display.










2 comments:

SeƱor Enrique said...

Awesome, Mario!

Wish there's a similar event here.

Great pics, too! Many thanks for sharing :)

Cheers!

Eric

JayAshKal said...

What an honour Eric! Really... now you've motivated me to be more prolific. Thanks for the visit.

Wish you were here as well for that exhibition. I am sure one of these days, there will be one exhibition like this in Manila. Perhaps by the bay... Along Roxas boulevard (is that still the name of that boulevard?)

Mario