Wednesday 29 April 2009

I am a twit


At first I though Twitter is for twits, at least that's my initial reaction. Who would want to get updated on what people are doing every minute of the day? Are you people don't have any REAL life to live? Do you want to know if I am sitting my ass in the toilet? I guess not!

My daughter upgraded her Nokia E63 phone to the new fangled Blackberry - and she got hooked on Twitter like a druggo. I said; with three young kids, aren't you busy enough? I don't know exactly what is the charm of high end mobile phones and Twitter, I myself am "addicted" to my Canon DSLR camera [or so my wifey tells me].

Now I know what Twitter is good for: KogiBBQ. If you haven't heard of this site and service in the US, this is what they do - they travel around LA with two Taco trucks serving this fusion Korean BBQ and Tacos [what else?] and more. If you're one those late night people and you're hungry and craving for Korean Taco BBQ you've got to follow them on Twitter. They'll tell you on which particular location and time they will be.

Isn't that great? The genius who though of this will be the next Bill Gates [maybe, but not quite]. This the beauty of this business, low overhead [no rent to pay for retail shops] and a rabid follower of Twits.

Now that is a Twitter I'll follow anytime. Would love to see them here in Sydney - maybe Harry's Cafe de Wheels on Twitter running around Sydney suburbs selling their famous pies. Or better still "Pub on Wheels", now that's my idea. If only I can convince the liquor licence guys to give me the necessary papers!
------------------------
After writing this post I saw this article. Like the author, I loathe so-called "reality" TV. They are more like fake and manufactured TV for those who don't have a real life. Sorry...
Twit: British and Australian slang for an insignificant, foolish or annoying person.

No comments: