Friday 8 May 2009

Dissapointed@Friday


This IS a rant - just a fair warning to all.

I was offered an "exclusive Samsung clearance sale" for a plasma TV model PS50A750 [Series 7] for a rock bottom price of AU$1,700.00. I said to myself this is too good to be true, but because I enjoy watching TV I consented to have my name and details included in the "list".

Great. Waiting... waiting and finally today I got a call from Lauren from Samsung Store telling me [surprise, surprise] that they don't have enough plasma TV of the one being offered at that wonderful price. But... wait, they have some "others" [to read older and crap models] on offer:

"Could I be interested in a Series 5 Samsung 50 inch at the incredible price of just AU$2,500.00? Or how about still a Samsung Series 4 PS50B450 for AU$1,650.00?" GST included.

I said I have to call back or email her manager Henry. Obviously I need to check the specs of the ones being offered before committing my hard earned money. My suspicion was right [I am a suspicious person], the models were older and overpriced as far as I am is concerned.

Shoot an email to Henry to ask how many of the "exclusive Samsung TV" was sold. At least I have the right to know how many were really on offer... I am still waiting. I called Flinton [another person who wants this "exclusive offer"] and surprise, surprise he also missed out!

At the moment, I still have this old Samsung projection TV that my daughter was waiting for me to give to her as a second TV for the kids.

I am sorry to say that I need to spread around dissapointments: where else will I watch my food and travel shows?

Picture above represent my very dissapointed and somewhat angry demeanour... but the good news is I am saving AU$1,700.00! Not the end of the world, and not world peace taken out of my claws... just a f**king 50 inch plasma TV, full 1980X1080 high definition, 1,000,000:1 contrast ratio, 1,300cd/sq metre brightness, ultra bright, DNle Pro, digital noise reduction, over 175 deg viewing angle, ultra filter bright, 18 bit natural true colour, 262, 144 gray level gradation, cinema progressive film mode, 3D digital comb filter, low noise amplifier, movie plus, down firing speakers, 2 component inputs, 4 HDMIs, 1 PC input, 1 S-Video, USB wiselink, picture in picture, build in digital tuner, anti burn in technology, anynet technology, teletext, multi system [NTSC, PAL, SECAM], OSD language, blah, blah, blah... but why on Friday?

Now what would I give my wife for Mother's Day? Damn you Samsung Store!

4 comments:

Sidney said...

I think it is a very bad marketing trick... most of the people will feel disappointing and angry.

It is like all those commercials in between a box match or a soccer game... in the end you start to hate Alaxan Forte and the other brands which are spoiling the fun.

JayAshKal said...

Dissapointed, yes and a little bit angry. But to put things into perspective, it is just a piece of appliance.

Yes you tend to associate your "bad" or "good" experience with the ads in between!

If it is my precious camera, that's another story!

Hope you had a good time up north and plenty of pictures to share.

escape said...

very disappointing. what's good is you realized it before buying it. but what's bad is it messed up your plan.

JayAshKal said...

Hehehehee... messed up my plan nga at walang nairegalo ke Mrs [and for myself!].